Thursday, 26 May 2011

the screen:)
from the windows,trying the lights

I took this picture from Daniel because i haven't pictures from my phone where you can see properly the light and the furniture of the set.
and here is Daniel doing the video!!:) my phone camera is not that good so we can't appreciate the light!:s

This was the design and when we realise we couldn't cut it while they were on.
We realised that the legs were way too short so we added cubes of pine to make it higher and after covered with the sides which decorate the bottom of the desk.
Chloe and Daniel made the legs in the workshop and after we varnish them.

The top back of the desk!
Here the desk with the sides attach to it with nail gun but we had to removed them because we didn't cut the edges and we couldn't with the legs.

Here the desk with the sides already removed and also with the first layer of varnish.
The first boxes we did before realising were the wrong measure and neither straight:s so we did it again,and this time varnishing the pieces before put them together with the glue gun.
All the pieces of the boxes drying after we varnished them!
The boxes where suppose to be the drawers were attach to the desk board with the glue gun.
The desk finished with the back which we attached with nail gun and the glue gun.

Here the picture of the desk finished and without the back because was covering too much of the window.

Here the pictures from autocad drawing that Callum designed and the tinny model we did.
We end up modifying the design and some of the measures because they were wrong,like the legs for example,were too low!:s and we realised once we cut them already :s

cabinet :D

Here are the design that we did because we didn't find any design of it in autocad.We also recycled the door from another furniture.First we cut the pieces,and attach tha back and the bottom with a frame and after we add the 2 walls that separate the shelves.We used the drill and screwdriver to attach the big pieces and after everything was done we used the nail gun too.We put tinny pieces of pine under the shelves to support them because they were to thing to attach it to the back directly.After we sanded and apply the varnish that Daniel bought.Two layers were applied because one was too light.In the beginning we wanted to put legs to it,but after when we saw how was looking we decided better to do it without it.


I dont know how to upload the pictures with the text properly!!!:s

Anyway,here more pictures of the bookcase!Chloe and Daniel were to buy some acrylic sheets 468mmx2 wide and 1384 mm x 2 high for the"doors" of the bookcase!We glue it to the frames of the door with the glue gun and after we glue to it the beading that decorates the acrylic!They bought 4 x 200 mm beading.

Also we add the handles to the drawers and we apply the glazing to the bookcase.


I suppose to do 2 pieces of furniture with Daniel and Chloe but they were doing another furniture
together so in the end we decided do the 3 pieces of furniture together.The first one was theirs,the bookcase,i haven't the autocad design but here is the picture of the small model,neither i have the measures!:s Anyway,we construct it attach to the walls,in the drawing room where should go the desk,and screen...where Ivan suppose to die!
after we painted mixing different tones of brown and grained with black and dry brushes.

Once all the flats are done we paint it and hand grained.We paint just the bottom bits and leave it dry,after we started to build up the walls...attaching them together to make the rooms.